Monday, November 19, 2018

Giving Thanks

This is the week that many people are focused on food preparation, travel plans and being together for Thanksgiving. And while I am a big fan of pumpkin pie, family sitting around the table, and cooking up a great meal, I am an even bigger fan of giving thanks for all the blessings that have come our way.

I am thankful for the blessing of good food, a safe place to live, and clean water. I have been to places in my life journey where this was not present.

I am thankful for meaningful work and great people to do it with. I have been to places in my life journey where everyone really wanted to be some place other than work because it was not safe, meaningful, or supportive.

I am thankful for good healthcare because I have been to places in my life journey where there were no doctors, dentists or nurses who cared.

I am thankful for family, the ones I choose and the ones I have. I have been to places in my life journey where people did not feel safe or supported within their family circle.

I am thankful for the work people are doing in regards to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. All of us have work to do in these areas.

I am thankful for love, forgiveness and grace because they are the foundation of so much in life.

And finally, I am thankful for you. I have been to places in my life journey where loneliness is not a momentary experience but a constant. Knowing that I am part of a larger circle of people who are trying to do good and make a difference in a world that is challenging and difficult is heartwarming and up-lifting.

This week count your blessings, share about them with others around your table, and give thanks.

Geery Howe, M.A. Consultant, Executive Coach, Trainer in Leadership, Strategic Planning and Organizational Change Morning Star Associates 319 - 643 - 2257

1 comment:

  1. Great write up Geery, thanks for sharing. Jake Cannon

    ReplyDelete