We live in a complex and complicated world right now. Polarization abounds. Anger, frustration, and finger pointing are becoming the new normal. People are feeling like every day is nothing but another and continuous walk through the trough of chaos.
In the midst of these endless challenges, we as leaders are suppose to on-board new ideas and new people so they stay focused and positive. We are called to solve all the current operational problems. We are suppose to make sure all the systems are standardized, if not centralized to assure quality.
The result is that operational management is trumping strategic execution. Introducing change or a new strategic plan has become an event rather than a process. Any level of team problems is compounded by internal pressures and external unknowns.
Meanwhile. front line supervisors and mid-level managers are trying to make sure the trains run on time, i.e. shifts are filled and people are focused on the right things, too. In short, leaders are feeling defeated by all of the challenges before them and not enough time to think through what to do.
This is where the Fall 2017 From Vision to Action Executive Roundtable fits into the picture. It is a place where leaders gather to step back for a day and a half from the mad rush to get things all done and all fixed. It is a time to catch one’s breath, regain some internal perspective, strength and courage to keep moving forward.
We come because we need to find an “island of sanity,” a new Margaret Wheatley term, in a sea of ups and downs. We come because we want to listen, to share, and to regain perspective. We know we can not change everything, but at the same time, we know we can gain some insights and perspectives at the Fall Roundtable which will make the journey easier to handle to easier to effect change.
This fall the Roundtable will be held on September 20 - 21, 2017 at the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Coralville, Iowa.
Here is the agenda for your review:
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- 8:30 am - Arrival & Visiting Time
- 9:00 am - 10:15 am - How do leaders on-board the next generation of high-growth opportunities while managing daily operations?
- 10:15 am - 10:30 am - Break
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - How do leaders work through endings and new beginnings at the same time?
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch and Networking
- 1:30 pm - 2:45 pm - How do leaders help their organization become more resilient?
- 2:45 pm - 3:00 pm - Break
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm - How do leaders help others think and act strategically?
- 4:30 pm - Adjourn
Thursday, September 21, 2017
- 9:00 am - 10:15 am - How do leaders recover from burnout?
- 10:15 am - 10:30 am - Break
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Integration and Application
- 12:00 pm - Adjourn
Here is the link to the registration form:
I hope you will join myself and many other leaders on September 20 - 21 for the Fall 2017 From Vision to Action Executive Roundtable.
Given all the challenges before us, it will be good to gather around the table and to explore these complex and complicated issues together. Hopefully, we will gain some new insights and perspectives as well as some strength to continue moving forward.
I look forward to seeing at the Fall Roundtable.