Monday, December 18, 2017

Service & Joy

This morning, I have been thinking of the following poem by Rabindranath Tagore:

“I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I acted and behold service was joy.”

That last line is so deep and powerful, “service was joy.”

This past year I have been blessed with many opportunities to work with great people. We have explored ideas, reflected on lessons learned, and dived deeply into complex problems and complicated issues. It has been a good journey.

And through it all, I have been so grateful for the opportunity to be of service to so many fine organizations and good people. From the bottom of my heart, thank-you for these opportunities. They have brought me great joy. 

I look forward to what we will experience together in the new year.

With Christmas being next Monday, this week will be my last Monday Thoughts Blog until the new year. Warm wishes to all of you at this special time of year!

See you on January 8th for more Monday Thoughts!!

Geery Howe, M.A. Consultant, Executive Coach, Trainer in Leadership, Strategic Planning and Organizational Change Morning Star Associates 319 - 643 - 2257

No comments:

Post a Comment