Monday, August 29, 2022

Seeking Great Love

As the global pandemic continues to rumble along, I believe we are getting lost in the darkness of the pandemic and the darkness of these challenging times. We’ve lost touch with the awe, the joy, and the light-ness of working and living. 


I am not advocating that we hide from the pandemic’s darkness or any of the other world’s problems like global climate change or the on-going war in Ukraine.  These problems are real, intense, and complex.


I just want to make sure we do not get lost in these problems. We need to learn new ways to deal with our grief, fatigue, and anxiety around them. We also need to reclaim our capacity to move forward with clarity, commitment and connections. And one of those key connections is to rediscover great love.


Rather than loose the cellular memory of great love, we need to rediscover and restore it to being a central part to our lives at work and at home. And the first step is to ask ourselves the following questions:


- What do I love about my life?


- What do I love about my work?


- What do I love about my home and family?


- And the most important question, who do I love?


As we reclaim these elements and these people, we create a foundation for better living and working. We also create a foundation for changing the world, one relationship at a time. As Willa Cather wrote, “Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” 


Now is the time for more miracles. Make today the start of a new beginning. Rediscover who you love and what you love. Then, commit to spending more time loving each and every day.


Geery Howe, M.A. Consultant, Executive Coach, Trainer in Leadership, Strategic Planning and Organizational Change Morning Star Associates 319 - 643 - 2257

No comments:

Post a Comment