Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Next Jim Collin’s Book is Coming Out Soon!

For those of us who like to read good books, please note that Jim Collin’s has another book due to be published soon. I have already pre-ordered my copy of Great by Choice: Uncertainity, Chaos, and Luck - Why Some Thrive Despite Them All. Coauthored with Morten T. Hansen, this new book will be available on October 11, 2011.


Here is what they are currently saying about the book on Jim Collin’s web site: “In Great By Choice: Uncertainty Chaos and Luck—Why Some Thrive Despite Them All we ask: why do some companies thrive in uncertainty, even chaos, and others do not? Based on nine years of research, buttressed by rigorous analysis and infused with engaging stories, Jim and coauthor Morten Hansen enumerate the principles for building a truly great enterprise in unpredictable, tumultuous, and fast-moving times. This book is classic Collins: contrarian, data-driven, and uplifting.”


I am sure it will be very good given the above summary, and his past track record in the publishing world. During the next 3-6 months, many executives and their senior teams will be reading it. It would not surprise me if this was the recommended reading for the Spring 2012 From Vision to Action Executive Roundtable.


So, I encourage all of you to order a copy. Once you have read it, I would love to know what you think. I will review it during the coming weeks once I have plowed through my copy.


Geery Howe, M.A.Consultant, Executive Coach, Trainer inLeadership, Strategic Planning and Organizational ChangeMorning Star Associates319 - 643 - 2257

No comments:

Post a Comment