Monday, November 20, 2023

Family and Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches this week, I am reminded of a quote by Tate Hallway: “Families - can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em.” For many people, the gathering of family around a holiday meal can be challenging. For some, it triggers trauma and grief. For others, it is a source of gratitude and blessing. 


For me, the key word in the quote is “family.” Over many years, I have learned that we are all part of two families. First, there is the family we are born into. Second, there is the family that we create and gather around us along the way. Each impacts us and each have the potential to influence us.


My hope this week is that you can gather with the people who you call “family,” the people who you “can’t live without ‘em,” and that you celebrate the true meaning of Thanksgiving. I hope that on that day you can give thanks for all the love, support, joy, and blessings in your life. 


Life can be challenging. It also can be precious, if not miraculous. My hope for each of you this week is that you have the opportunity to be with the precious and the miraculous people in your life. 


From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!


Geery Howe, M.A. Executive Coach in Leadership, Strategic Planning, and Organizational Change Morning Star Associates 319 - 643 - 2257

No comments:

Post a Comment